Sarah Palin was Not Vetted
The Old Media (CNN, MSNBC, Wash Post, NY Times, etc.) is all in knots over this. They have made the following breathless claims:
- John McCain did not know about Palin's daughter being pregnant.
- She should step down due to family considerations.
- Now we find out about Palin's husband with a DUI arrest.
- The vetting process was rushed. Obama had a large vetting team.
- Nobody in Alaska was approached during the vetting process.
- He only met her once.
- McCain's camp is only now sending a vetting team to Alaska.
Palin 1 of 6 Finalists Reviewed by McCain Vetting Team
McCain's VP vetting team was headed by former Reagan White House counsel, Arthur B. Culvahouse, Jr. and the vetting process lasted over a course of about 4 or 5 months. During this time, the team kept the VP selection a secret from the media.
has the details on the vetting process:
A group of researchers and investigators prepared background memos that included information in regards to all media coverage pertaining to her, political positions, her issues, a review of finance documents, a credit check, a personal interview with the candidate, and a questionnaire.
Ms. Palin was one of 6 finalists who completed this 70 page questionnaire, including probing questions such as "Have you ever paid for sex?" and the like.
Ms. Palin volunteered the information about her daughter's pregnancy and her husband's 22 year old DUI during the vetting process. McCain released all the information to the media - the media did not uncover any of the "revelations". McCain knew everything about Palin and made a bold choice for changing Washington.
Join the Fight
- Tell others about us
- Fight smears with facts in blogs
- Use our RSS feed to track daily smears
- Bloggers - add us to your blog roll
- Donate to us
- Send us tips - with links